The Court of Augmentations was established in 1536 to deal with the confiscation of monastic lands; in 1542 it was amalgamated with the Court of General Surveyors (which had handled cases of confiscation as a result of the treason). Both courts were absorbed into the Exchequer in 1553.
Accounts of revenues from land in Berkshire within the jurisdiction of the Court of Augmentations, 1547-8.
Bought by the Library, Hodgson's, 19 Apr. 1923, lot 552.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 52061-2.
England and Wales | Court of Augmentations | 1536-1553