James Charles Blomfield (1821-1895) was Rector of Launton and an antiquary.
Notes and collections made by the J.C. Blomfield for his printed History of the Deanery of Bicester (1882-94).
With the exception of MS. Top. Oxon. c. 518, the collection was formerly owned by Rev. E.R. Massey and G.J. Dew.Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1953.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions).
P.S. Spokes, Summary Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library relating to the city county and university of Oxford. Accessions from 1916 to 1962 (Oxford, 1964).Publication Note
See Scope and Content.
Blomfield | James Charles | 1821-1895 | Rector of Launton Antiquary