The Ewelme Almshouse Charity was founded in 1437 when William de la Pole, Earl of Suffolk, founded an almshouse in Ewelme (Ewelme Hospital).
Forty deeds relating to Ewelme Hospital, including property in Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire.
The deeds were given to the Library by Mrs Winifred Powell in 1950.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A full description is available in the Library.Related Units of Description
See also Ewelme Deeds and Papers.
Ewelme Almshouse Charity
Ewelme (Oxfordshire, England)