Collection Level Description: Microfilms of David Garrick Manuscripts
Reference: MSS. Film 728-733
Title: Microfilms of David Garrick Manuscripts
Dates of Creation: 20th cent.
Extent: 6 shelfmarks
Name of Creator: Christian F. Deelman, New College, Oxford
Language of Material: English
Christian F. Deelman (b. 1937), New College, Oxford, acquired the microfilms from various libraries. David
Garrick (1717-79) was an actor. Details for Garrick are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Scope and Content
Microfilms of David Garrick manuscripts.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The microfilms were given to the Library by Mrs. Christian F. Deelman in 1965.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
Existence/Location of Originals
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 728 - Hyde Collection, MS. of Lethe, 1777
- MS. Film 729 - Huntington Library, MSS. L.A. 386 and H.M. 185 (BonTon)
- MS. Film 730 - John Rylands Library, MS. Spencer 22571 (Lethe)
- MS. Film 731 - Boston Public Library, Rare Book Department, MS. G. 3492.2 (Jubilee)
- MS. Film 732 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, "Microfilm J" (Various items)
- MS. Film 733 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, (Lethe and other items)
A description is available in the Library.
Actors | England | 18th century
Deelman | Christian F | b 1937
Garrick | David | 1717-1779 | Actor
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011