Henry Hinton (1749-1816) was an ironmonger of Oxford. James Hunt (1795-1857) was a chemist of Oxford.
Topographical collections for Oxfordshire and Berkshire, compiled by Henry Hinton and James Hunt. The collection consists of:
The collections were bought from James Hunt by Sir Thomas Phillipps in 1819 and 1820.Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collections were bought from Sir Anthony Wagner in 1979.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A full description is available in the Library.Related Units of Description
See also Topographical Collections of Henry Hinton and James Hunt.
Rubbings of brasses in Berkshire churches made by Hinton and Hunt between 1803 and 1815 are MSS. Rubbings Phillipps-Robinson 587-861, 876-933. For a discussion of the rubbings, see Transactions of the Monumental Brass Society, vol. xii, part 1, no. XCII (1975), 90-100.Publication Note
For a discussion of the papers see Oxoniensia xxxvii (1972), 215-20.
Church buildings | England | Berkshire
Church buildings | England | Oxfordshire
Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire Antiquary
Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary
University of Oxford
University of Oxford | Botanic Garden
Great Britain | Topography
Oxford (England) | History