Oxford's covered market was created in an effort to make the main streets of the city more presentable. John Gwynn, architect of Magdalen Bridge, drew up the plans and designed the High Street front with its four entrances.
Accounts, vouchers, shop rentals and other papers relating to the administration of Oxford covered market, arranged in annual bundles, 1794-1855.
Given to the Library in 1953.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 55062-4.
Covered markets | England | Oxford