Collection Level Description: Papers of Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart
Reference: MSS. French b. 6-9, c. 44, d. 36-7, e. 36; Eng. misc. c. 620; Ital. g. 2
Title: Papers of Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart
Dates of Creation: 1773-1853
Extent: 10 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English, French, and Italian
Scope and Content
Papers of Count Roehenstart, including:
- Letters and papers of Count Roehenstart, 1773-1853, n.d.
- Notes on travels in Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Turkey and Egypt, 1814-19, n.d.
- Accounts kept by Roehenstart during his travels in Greece and Turkey, 1819
- Journal of travels on board HMS St. Vincent, 1833
- Volume of extracts, anecdotes and verse in French and English, n.d.
- Printed almanac, Cajo Bacelli, Lunaio per l'anno 1838, annotated by Roehenstart
The papers were bought by Professor Sherborn at Sotheby's in 1935.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1963.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the
Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 47156-65.
The papers were extensively used in George Sherborn, Roehenstart, a late Stuart pretender
(Edinburgh & London, 1960).
Roehenstart | Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart | 1773-1853 | Count Roehenstart
Egypt | Description and travel
Greece | Description and travel
Italy | Description and travel
Switzerland | Description and travel
Turkey | Description and travel
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011