Collection Level Description: Manuscripts from the Collection of A.W. Turner
Reference: MSS. Eng. misc. c. 449-50, e. 589, f. 397; Eng. th. c. 75
Title: Manuscripts from the Collection of A.W. Turner
Dates of Creation: 18th-19th cent.
Extent: 5 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
Arthur W. Turner of Brighton, Sussex.
Scope and Content
Manuscripts from the collection of A.W. Turner, consisting of:
- Recipe book of Isabella Pease, 1759, containing culinary, medical and household recipes
- Volume of essays, verse, letters and prayers, entitled 'Miscellany philosophical and moral. John Boston.
Oct. 6. 1783'
- Incomplete legal treatise on conveyancing, early 19th century
- File of documents relating to the suit Derra v. Dawson and others, in the Queen's Bench, 1852, concerning
the Hungarian imposter, Baroness von Beck
- Anonymous treatise on the revelation of Jesus Christ, with incomplete account of theological symbols, late
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The manuscripts were given to the Library by Perry's of Brighton, estate agents, through the British
Records Association in 1966.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the
Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43947-51.
Law | Great Britain | 19th century
Boston | John | fl 1783
Pease | Isabella | fl 1759
Turner | Arthur W
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011