Collection Level Description: Records of the Windham Club
Reference: MSS. Eng. misc. b. 49-64, b. 405-6, c. 853, d. 367-433, f. 847/1-2
Title: Records of the Windham Club
Dates of Creation: 1849-1954
Extent: 87 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
The Windham Club later became the Marlborough-Windham Club, Pall Mall.
Scope and Content
Records of the Windham Club, consisting of:
- Minute books, 1849-1954
- Agenda for meetings of the general committee and house sub-committee, 1874-1917
- Minutes of general meetings and of committee meetings, 1869-1945
- Minutes of house committee meetings, 1874-1940
- Book of the rules of the club, 19th cent.
- Rules and bye-laws of the Windham Club, 13 St. James's Square. September, 1944,
with The Marlborough-Windham Club. Rules and list of members, 1947
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were given to the Library in 1954 and 1978.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the
Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42155-242.
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011