Anthony Wood (1632-1695), see the Dictionary of Biography, and Henry Hinton (1749-1816) were antiquaries.
Two interleaved volumes of A. Wood's Antiquities of Oxford (1786) with several hundred drawings, some in watercolour, portraits, arms, brasses, old plans, etc., with manuscript additions, partly by Henry Hinton, written and printed before 1811.
Formerly owned by Rev. W. Dyke (Vice-Principal of Jesus College 1844, died 1880) and Falconer Madan, 1881.Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Falconer Madan, 1938.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
P.S. Spokes, Summary Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library relating to the city, county, and university of Oxford. Accessions from 1916 to 1962 (Oxford, 1964).
Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary
Wood | Anthony | 1632-1695 | antiquary
University of Oxford