Papers relating to the estate of Francis William Rhodes
Bodleian Library, University of OxfordLucy McCann
Department of Special Collections
Search Online Catalogues
Shelfmark: MSS. Afr. s. 2530
Title: Papers relating to the estate of Francis William Rhodes
Dates of Creation: 1893-1915
Extent: 1 box
Language(s) of Material: English
Francis William Rhodes (1851-1905), army officer - see Dictionary of National Biography.
Restrictions on access
Permission must be sought from the depositor before publication.
Scope and Content
- (fols. 1-2) Handwritten guarantee from Claus Ernest Schaumann to Colonel Francis William Rhodes dated 28 Nov 1894
- (fol. 3) Salisbury Sanitary Board receipt dated 29 Nov 1894
- (fol. 4) Memorandum of fees transferred to Colonel F.W. Rhodes dated 30 Nov 1894
- (fols. 5-6) Letter from Scanlen & Syfret Attorneys to Henry Park dated 1 Dec 1894
- (fol. 7) Letters of Administration in respect of the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 13 Dec 1906
- (fols. 8-14) Grant of Power of Attorney to Hercules Johannes du Preez in respect of the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated
26 Oct 1906
- (fols. 15-22) Indenture appointing Helen Irving Rhodes to be a trustee of the will of Francis William Rhodes dated 31 May
- (fols. 23-28) Grant of Power of Attorney by Helen Irving Rhodes to Hercules Johannes du Preez in respoect of the estate of
Francis William Rhodes dated 7 Mar 1912
- (fol. 29) Memorandum from the Master of the High Court in Salisbury, Southern Rhodesia, convening a meeting of the next of
kin and creditors in the estate of Francis William Rhodes dated 17 May 1912
- (fols. 30-33) Lease agreement between the executor of the estate of Francis William Rhodes and Andrew Sutherland dated 25
- (fols. 34-37) Memorandum of agreement of lease between the executor of the estate of Francis William Rhodes and T.F. Pickard
dated 15 Nov 1915
- (fol. 38) Handwritten notes on back of Standard Bank deposit slip
- (Item 1) Trustee Act, 1893
Letters and telegrams of Francis William Rhodes concerning the affairs of the British South Africa Company, 1895 - MSS. Afr.
s. 25. Papers of the Rhodes family (Hildersham Hall collection) - MSS. Afr. s. 1647.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by the Rhodes Trust in April 2016.
Preferred Form of Citation
Oxford, Bodleian Library, MSS. Afr. s. 2530
Rhodes | Francis William |1851-1905 | army officerAfrica, Southern | History
Transformation from XML (EAD 2.0) to HTML
25 April 2016