Collection Level Description: Photostats of Manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi
Reference: MSS. Facs. e. 36-8
Title: Photostats of Manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi
Dates of Creation: photostats of 12th and 13th cent. originals
Extent: 3 shelfmarks
Name of Creator: R.A.B. Mynors
Language of Material: Latin
Bernard of Morlaix (fl. 12th century) was a monk of the order of Cluny, and a poet.
Scope and Content
Photostats of manuscripts of Bernard of Morlaix, De contemptu mundi:
- British Museum, MS. Add. 16895, fols. 4v-72, 13th century
- British Museum, MS. Add. 22287, fols. 57v-122, 12th century
- British Museum, MS. Add. 35091, fols. 69v-115, 13th century
- British Museum, MS. Cotton Cleopatra A. VII, fols. 2v-54, 12th century
- British Museum, MS. Harley 4092, fols. 38v-84, 12th century
- Vienna, Nationalbibliothek MS. 978, 13th century
- Vienna, Nationalbibliothek MS. 898, fols. 69-70, odd lines only, 13th century
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Prof. R.A.B. Mynors in 1956.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid
reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Bernard | fl 12th century | of Morlaix, monk and poet
Search All Online Catalogues
Consulting material: To consult archives and manuscripts, a full and unrestricted
Bodleian reader's card (Group A) is required. You should apply for your card at the
Pre-ordering: Before your visit you may order up to ten items by emailing
Please be advised that some collection material is held offsite; we advise pre-ordering at least two working
days before your visit to ensure material is available on your arrival.
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011