Berkeley Castle was completed by Lord Maurice Berkeley in 1153. Since then it has been the home of the Berkeley family.
Microfilms of the muniments of Berkeley Castle.
The microfilms were deposited by the Trustees of the will of the late Earl of Berkeley in 1962, 1963 and 1965.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).Reproduction Restrictions
For permission to publish this material application must be made to F.R.R.A. Wheatley, Esq., Messrs. Boodle, Hatfield and Co., 53 Davies Street, Grosvenor Square, London, W1Y 2BL.Existence/Location of Originals
The originals are held by the Trustees of the Berkeley Castle Muniments, c/o Gloucestershire Record Office.
A full description is available in the Library.
Castles | England | Gloucestershire
Berkeley | family | 1100-2000 | Earls of Berkeley | Berkeley Castle