Collection Level Description: Collections for the History of Jesus College, Oxford, by Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark
Reference: MSS. Top. Oxon. e. 142-3, e. 197-9
Title: Collections for the History of Jesus College, Oxford, by Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark
Dates of Creation: 1914
Extent: 5 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
Andrew Clark (1856-1922) was rector of Great Leighs, Essex, and an antiquary.
Scope and Content
Collections for the history of Jesus College, Oxford, made in 1914, by the Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark, vols. XV-XIX, including
lists of members, 17th-19th century.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volumes were given to the Library by the executors of Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark in 1922.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
P.S. Spokes, Summary Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library relating to the city county and university of Oxford. Accessions
from 1916 to 1962 (Oxford, 1964).
Related Units of Description
- Diary of Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. hist. e. 88-177c)
- Newspaper Cuttings Collected by Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. misc. e. 265-329)
- Oxford College Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 96-106, e. 104/1-4, e. 105/1-5, e. 109-115, e. 123/1-23,
e. 124/1-16, e. 128-141, f. 22-6)
- Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Essex c. 15, e. 6/1-11, e. 7, e, 8/1-6, e. 9/1-3, e. 10/1-3, e. 11/1-13,
e. 11/15, e. 12, e. 14-29, e. 29*, e. 30-41, e. 43)
- Hertfordshire Notes of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Herts. e. 1-8)
Clark | Andrew | 1854-1922 | Clergyman and Antiquary
University of Oxford | Jesus College
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011