Collection Level Description: Papers of Vivienne Haigh Eliot
Reference: MSS. Eng. lett. b. 20-2, c. 382-4; Eng. misc. c. 621-4, d. 936/1-4, e. 876-8, f. 532
Title: Papers of Vivienne Haigh Eliot
Dates of Creation: 1914-36
Extent: 15 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
Vivienne Haigh Eliot (d 1947) was the first wife of T.S. Eliot.
Scope and Content
Papers of Vivienne Haigh Eliot, consisting of:
- Personal and business correspondence, with some miscellaneous papers, 1931-6
- Diaries, 1914, 1919, 1934, 1935
- Personal account book, December 1927-April 1932
- Household account books, January 1929-July 1930
- Notebooks containing drafts of short stories and copies of poems, 1924, n.d.
- Miscellanous papers
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by Mrs Eliot in 1947.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40518-32.
Eliot | Vivienne Haigh | d 1947 | wife of TS Eliot
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011