Material from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary
Bodleian Library, University of OxfordOriginal catalogue by Judith Priestman. EAD version by Rachael Gardner
Department of Special Collections
Search Online Catalogues
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 7379
Title: Material from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary
Dates of Creation: 2007, n.d.
Extent: 27 leaves
Language(s) of Material: English
Frederick Louis MacNeice CBE (1907-1963) was a British poet and playwright who was part of the generation of the 'Auden Group'.
Shortly after he was born his family moved to Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland.
Scope and Content
Printed ephemera and other material deriving from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary exhibition, conference and community
outreach programme 10 September- 14 December 2007, comprising:
- (fol. 1) a printed flyer for the exhibition and outreach programme
- (fols. 2-6) a list of items exhibited
- (fols. 7-8) two sheets of photographic paper containing 40 jpeg prints of items in the exhibition and of guests at the opening
and at a poetry reading in St Nicholas Parish Church, including Seamus Heaney, Michael Longley and Corinna MacNeice
- (fols. 9-16) an inscribed printout of the conference plenary address by Jon Stallworthy, 'Louis in Love' [a shorter version
was subsequently published in the
Times Literary Supplement, 19 December 2007]
- (17-26) a printed pamphlet authored by Carrickfergus Museum and Civic Centre,
Louis MacNeice Centenary: Poet Writer and Broadcaster 1907-1963
- (fol. 27) a DVD,
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Helen Rankin (folios 1-8, 17-27) and Jon Stallworthy (fols. 9-16), in 2007.
Preferred Form of Citation
Oxford, Bodleian Library MS. Eng. c. 7379
MacNeice | Frederick Louis | 1907-1963 | poet and playwright
English literature -- 20th century
Transformation from XML (EAD 2.0) to HTML
01 March 2016