The Society was founded in 1839 as The Society for Promoting the Study of Gothic Architecture. It was renamed The Oxford Architectural Society in 1848 and was refounded as the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1860. In 1972 the Society was renamed the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (OAHS) when it merged with The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society.
Miscellaneous papers containing material relating to heraldry, and plans, lectures, notes, drawings, tracings and photographs relating to various places.
The papers were deposited by the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1967.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/).
A full description is available in the Library.Related Units of Description
Oxford Architectural and Historical Society
Great Britain | Topography