Papers of Reginald J Simpson relating to British Thomson-Houston Company Ltd. and the International Refrigerator Company Ltd.
Bodleian Library, University of OxfordMichael J Hughes
Department of Special Collections
Search Online Catalogues
Consulting material: To consult archives and manuscripts, a full and unrestricted
Bodleian reader's card (Group A) is required. You should apply for your card at the
Pre-ordering: Before your visit you may order up to ten items by emailing
Please be advised that some collection material is held offsite; we advise pre-ordering at least two working
days before your visit to ensure material is available on your arrival.
Shelfmark(s): MS. 12423
Title: Papers of Reginald J Simpson relating to British Thomson-Houston Company Ltd. and the International Refrigerator Company Ltd.
Dates of Creation: 1935-1937
Extent: 1 box
Language(s) of Material: English
Reginald J Simpson (1902-1975) worked for the International Refrigerator Co. Ltd. from the time of creation of the company,
to handle sales of refrigerators made by British Thomson-Houston. He was made a director of the company in 1936.
Scope and Content
- Brochure on British Thomson-Houston Rugby Works with prints of photos in the brochure, c.1937
- Typescript information for a visit to the British Thomson-Houston Rugby Works, 1937
- Promotional booklet on British Thomson-Houston Electric Refrigerators, c.1937
- British Thomson-Houston booklet on Lamp Quality, 1935
- Promotional booklet on Hotpoint washing-up machines: 'The Everlasting Job', c.1935
- Organisational charts for the British Lamp Company, c.1935
- Correspondence with Simpson about salary increase and appointment as director of the International Refrigerator Company Ltd.,
For the archive of British Thomson-Houston Co. Ltd. see MSS. Marconi 2877-2958.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Christopher HJ Simpson, 2017
Preferred Form of Citation
Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS. 12423.
British Thomson-Houston Co Ltd | manufacturers of electrical machinery and equipmentInternational Refrigerator Co Ltd | manufacturers of refrigeration equipment
Simpson | Reginald J | 1902-1975 | sales manager
20th centuryElectric engineering
Transformation from XML (EAD 2.0) to HTML
27 October 2017