Collection Level Description: Microfilms of Manuscripts of Sophocles
Reference: MSS. Film 1858-76
Title: Microfilms of Manuscripts of Sophocles
Dates of Creation: 20th cent.
Extent: 19 shelfmarks
Name of Creator: Dr Roger David Dawe
Language of Material: Ancient Greek
Dr Roger David Dawe has published works relating to Greek literature.
Scope and Content
Microfilms of manuscripts of Sophocles, with a few other Greek texts: collected by Dr R.D. Dawe, for use in
the preparation of his Studies on the text of Sophocles (3 vols., Leiden, 1973-8) and of his
Teubner edition of Sophocles (2 vols., Leipzig, 1975-9, 2nd edn. 1984-5).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The microfilms were given to the Library by Dr R.D. Dawe in 1990.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
Existence/Location of Originals
The originals are located as follows:
- MSS. Film 1858-61 - Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana
- MS. Film 1862 - Heidelberg, University Library
- MS. Film 1863 - Leiden, University Library
- MSS. Film 1864-70 - Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale
- MSS. Film 1871-3 - Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- MS. Film 1874 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- MS. Film 1875 - Vienna, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek
- MS. Film 1876 - Zagreb, University Library
A full description is available in the Library.
See Scope and Content
Dawe | Roger David | fl. 1973-90
Sophocles | ? 496-? 406 BC | Greek playwright
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011