Collection Level Description: Papers of Eric Taverner
Reference: MSS. Eng. misc. c. 773-8, e. 1303-9, f. 762; Eng. lett. c. 515
Title: Papers of Eric Taverner
Dates of Creation: 20th cent.
Extent: 15 shelfmarks
Language of Material: English
Eric Taverner was an angler.
Scope and Content
Papers of Eric Taverner relating to angling. The collection includes:
- Typescript drafts, with manuscript additions, of a history of angling in Britain from the 15th to
the 19th century
- Typescript articles, drafts and fair copies, mainly on angling, 1935-45
- Correspondence of Taverner mainly relating to angling, 1916-55
- Fishing books, with notes on angling, and a few photographs, 1923-42
- Notes on salmon fishing by A.B. Russell, n.d.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1974.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a
valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the
Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45028-42.
Fishing | History
Russell | A B | fl. 1900-1999
Taverner | Eric | fl. 1916-1955 | Angler
Search Online Catalogues
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
09 June 2011