The Club was founded in 1889 'to strengthen the University and research side of Oxford as opposed to the purely College side'.
Minute books of The Club, 1906-25, 1925-36, 1936-46; with the correspondence of The Club, 1923-35, found loose in the volumes.
Given to the Library in 1967.Access Conditions
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/services/admissions/k).
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 55100-2.
Universities and colleges | Great Britain | societies
University of Oxford | The Club