Oxford University ephemera collected by Ann Thwaite
Bodleian Library, University of OxfordOriginal catalogue by Judith Priestman. EAD version by Harriet Costelloe
Department of Special Collections
Search Online Catalogues
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8368
Title: Oxford University ephemera collected by Ann Thwaite
Dates of Creation: 1952-1955, n.d.
Extent: 37 leaves
Language(s) of Material: English
Ann Thwaite (born 1932) is a British biographer.
Scope and Content
- (fols. 1-2) a telegram from a student cancelling a tutorial, 1954
- (fol. 3) a postcard to from Peter Wiles, 1955
- (fols. 4-14) University invitation cards, including 'At Homes', 1955, n.d.
- (fols.15-16) a Term card for the University Critical Society, Trinity 1954
- (fols. 17-25) four Term cards for the University Poetry Society: Michaelmas 1952; Michaelmas 1953; Trinity 1954; Trinity 1955.
At folio 23 is a [2015?] Post-It note by Ann Thwaite relating to the Trinity Term card for 1954
- (fol. 26) a list of potential speakers or topics for the Poetry Society in Anthony Thwaite’s hand, 1950s
- (fols. 27-8) a playbill for
Sleeping Beauty, a private production performed by the Oxford University Dramatic Society, n.d.
- (fol. 29) a playbill for George Bernard Shaw’s
St. Joan, performed by The Christ Church Dramatic Society at the University of Freiburg, July 1953
- (fols. 30-1) two German newspaper reviews of
St. Joan, 9 and 13 July 1953
- (fol. 32) a cutting from Cherwell, ‘Poets in Person’ [about the Poetry Society], February 1953
- (fols. 33-7) Anthony Thwaite, blood transfusion certificates, 1952-4
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Ann Thwaite, 15 Jan 2015.
Preferred Form of Citation
Oxford, Bodleian Library MS. Eng. c. 8368
Thwaite | Ann | 1932 | biographer
University of Oxford -- Intellectual life
Transformation from XML (EAD 2.0) to HTML
01 March 2016