Catalogue of manuscripts acquired singly: business papers
Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
Single files or volumes of business papers acquired by the Bodleian Library by
purchase, bequest or donation since 1994.
Account book of Benjamin Holroyd, butcher, of Marsden, Yorkshire, with some diary
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 199
Extent: 300 leaves
Binding: Vellum, inscribed on front cover 'Benjamin Holroyd's
Acquisition: Given by John Fuggles through the Friends of the Bodleian, 1997
- (fol. 4) architectural drawings of front elevation and ground plan of a
- (fols. 5-15) index of customers
- (fols. 16-205) sales of meat, arranged by customer, 1832-7
- (fols. 212-17) details of building a house and barn at Ruff Lee, Marsden,
- (fols. 221-300) household and personal accounts, with some diary entries,
Account books -- England -- 19th century
Butchers -- England
Papers of Oxford Magazine Ltd., 1959-67
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6782
Extent: 434 leaves
Historical note: The Oxford Magazine was first published in 1883, as a magazine particularly for
senior members of the University. The Oxonian Press Ltd. published it between 1924
and 1959, and from that date the Alden Press.
- (fols. 8-112) minutes of Directors' Meetings, 1961-7
- (fols. 116-434) correspondence, 1959-67
Acquisition: Given, 1994.
Related Material: For additional material, 1962-74, see MSS. Eng. lett. b. 28-30.
Search Online Catalogues
Consulting material: To consult archives and manuscripts, a full and unrestricted
Bodleian reader's card (Group A) is required. You should apply for your card at the
Pre-ordering: Before your visit you may order up to ten items by emailing
Please be advised that some collection material is held offsite; we advise pre-ordering at least two working
days before your visit to ensure material is available on your arrival.
Transformation from XML to HTML by Lawrence Mielniczuk
27 July 2011