We regret to inform users that this resource is no longer available. The site has been withdrawn as the technologies which it is built with have reached end-of-life.
An archived version of the site is available at https://wayback.archive-it.org/org-467/20191126151308/http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/pppag/
Last update to original site:
5 November 2010
1 April 2020
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Preface from the original site
The Political Parties and Parliamentary Archives Group, UK (PPPAG UK) was established in January 1997 to bring together the archivists and librarians in charge of administering Party political archives and the private papers of politicians. It was originally called the Political Parties Archive Network, United Kingdom (PPAN UK), but changed its name to PPPAG UK in September 2001, with an aim to broaden membership and experience.
The group meets twice a year. Its main objective is to promote professional cooperation and communication between the archivists and archives holding papers of political parties and of parliaments.
The group has representatives in the following groups:
- Society of Archivists' Specialist Repositories Group
- International Council of Archives, Section of Archives and Archivists of Parliaments and Political Parties (ICA-SPP)
If you are interested in political archives, this website contains two useful guides:
- Guide to Political Records
- Guide to Repositories Holding Political Records
- to act as a channel through which concerns in the archives field - relating to the papers of political parties, politicians and parliaments (including the devolved assemblies) - can be shared
- to pool knowledge
- to standardize practice between such specialist repositories
- to raise the identity of political collections both nationally and internationally